- ½ cup amaranth
- 1 cup water
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup pecan pieces
1 tablespoon walnut oil
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup*
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 bananas
- Milk (whole, almond, or coconut), to serve
- Soak Amaranth over night (if possible.)
- Drain and rinse amaranth. Combine with one cup water and salt. Bring amaranth to a boil, and reduce to a simmer (all the way to low.) Cover and let simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for 10 more minutes to thicken amaranth. Add a bit of milk/water to thin the texture out if desired.
- Add pecans to a dry skillet and toast over medium-low heat, stir often. Toast until fragrant, 2-3 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Heat walnut oil, maple syrup, and cinnamon over medium-low heat. Cut bananas in ½” slices and add to skillet, cook until bananas are extremely tender and maple syrup has absorbed into the slices.
- To serve, stir together ¾ of the bananas and amaranth. Pour into bowls and top with remaining bananas, pecans, and a drizzle of milk.