Monday, February 8, 2010

Chocolate Peanut Butter Shake

This recipe is amazing. I found it over on Simply Yum and modified it a bit because we do not own an ice cream maker... yet :) You can find Ninny's recipe here. If you have never visited Simply Yum, you must. She recently has posted a bunch of raw dessert recipes that have my mouth watering and tummy begging for more :)

This recipe is really rich. Usually my husband and I have no problem finishing anything that is chocolate... this one fills you up really fast and conquers that chocolate craving quite effectively :)


Chocolate Peanut Butter Shake

1 cup raw cashews
2-4 cups milk (we use soy)
1/2 cup agave nectar
3 T unsweetened cocoa powder
2 T peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla or 1/2 a vanilla bean
2 cups of ice cubes

In a blender (I use my amazing Vita-Mix) combine the cashews and only 1 cup of milk until smooth. Add the remaining milk, agave, cocoa, peanut butter and vanilla and blend well.

1 comment:

  1. Oh hooray! Thanks for featuring my recipe here. That was so fun for me to see.

    ReplyDelete