Sunday, March 7, 2010

Not Your Mom's Mac and Cheese


1 box whole-wheat elbow macaroni
2 cloves garlic
half a fairly large sized onion
1 cup nutritional yeast
1 cup rice milk or soy milk
2 tbsp. olive oil
about 7 oz can diced tomatoes - I sometimes use the whole can
1/2 tsp dry mustard powder
2 pinch chopped basil
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Directions

Cook the elbow macaroni according to package directions.

Dice the onion and garlic. Saute until slightly transparent. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix on low heat. Carefully place sauce in blender or vita-mix and blend until smooth.

Toss sauce with noodles, and dive right in. Man, I love this dish.

2 comments:

  1. I love this recipe! I loved the sauce so much, I even poured it over my steamed veggies. My husband had seconds and thirds. He wants the leftovers for lunch tomorrow. Loved this recipe, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie! I STILL AM IN LOVE with your blog! It's the best! Um, I'm a weee bit jealous that your husband sponsors your blog. WTH!? Jase needs to get with it. I'm still sending everyone I know here. I love it!
    Thanks so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete